Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies
3 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 cup Butter, Softened
1 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoons Salt
10 packages (.74 Oz each) Apple Cider Drink Mix
2 whole Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
14 ounces Marie's Candies Wrapped Caramels
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- With your mixer, cream together butter, sugar, salt, and all 10 packages of apple cider drink mix powder, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix well. Gradually add flour mixture into the butter/egg mixture, continuing to mix as you go. Mix until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough for about an hour. When you are ready to bake, unwrap your caramels, and preheat the oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Scoop out cookie dough balls that are about the size of a walnut. Flatten the ball of dough slightly in the palm of your hand. Press the unwrapped caramel into the center of your dough and seal the dough around it, covering it completely. Place the balls on the parchment-covered cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until very lightly browned around the edges. Allow cookies to cool.
Makes roughly 4 dozen
Recipe adapted from thecookingphotographer.com
Photo from decadentdessertrecipes.com