Carrot Cake Bars
Carrot Cake Bars:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
Carrot Bake Bars:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the melted butter and brown sugar. Mix to combine.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir until completely combined.
- Fold in shredded carrots. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add in the cream cheese and sugar. Beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add about half of the carrot cake batter into the pan and spread it out.
- Add half of the cheesecake batter by dollops to the cake batter. Don't swirl yet.
- Add the remaining carrot cake batter on top.
- Add the remaining cheesecake batter by dollops to the cake batter.
- Using a knife, swirl the batters together.
- Bake for about 35 - 40 minutes until the edges are golden brown. There will be very little jiggle to the center.
- Cool completely before cutting. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe & Photo adapted from cookiedoughandovenmitt.com