Chocolate Mint Poke Cake
- 1 15 oz. chocolate cake mix (plus water, oil and eggs on the box to make the cake)
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 10 oz. jar hot fudge topping
- 1 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract; divided
- 8 oz. whipped topping; thawed
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1 c Marie's Mint Oreos and/or Marie's Mint Meltaways; crushed
- Mix & bake cake according to the box directions. Remove from oven and let sit for about five minutes.
- Place sweetened condensed milk in a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract.
- Remove lid from hot fudge sauce. Heat in microwave for 30-60 seconds, until it is pourable. Be careful not to heat it too much without stirring; you don't want it to burn. Stir in 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract.
- Once the cake has cooled, poke several holes in the top by using the spoon handle. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, making sure it gets in all the holes. Spread with spatula, if needed.
- Pour the hot fudge sauce over the top of the cake, making sure to get it in all the holes. Spread with spatula if needed. Cool the cake completely before continuing.
- Open thawed whipped topping. Stir in 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract and 4 drops of green food coloring, mix well.
- Spread over cooled cake and sprinkle with crushed Mint Oreos and/or Mint Meltaways. Chill for several hours or overnight before serving.
Recipe & Photo adapted from crazyforcrust.com