Frosted Maple Cookie Bars
For the cookie bars:
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons maple extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the maple cream cheese icing:
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 c butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water or milk
- 1/4 lb. Marie's Butter Crunch bits and/or Marie's Maple Cream pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper along the bottom and up above the sides, then spray with non stick spray.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg and maple extract.
- Add flour, cornstarch and baking soda, mix until well combined.
- Spread the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
- For the icing, beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and maple extract and mix until smooth.
- Add water or milk as needed to get the right consistency.
- Spread icing evenly onto bars, then sprinkle Butter Crunch bits and/or Maple Cream pieces on top.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Recipe & Photo adapted from lifeloveandsugar.com