Hidden Pot of Gold Brownie Cups
For the brownie cups:
Store bought brownie mix (plus ingredients on box), OR:
1/2 c. butter
1 c. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
For the frosting:
Store bought frosting container, OR:
1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
3-4 c powdered sugar
1 TBSP heavy cream of milk
1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
green food coloring gel
gold sprinkles, gold stars, or other edible gold decorations
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Melt 1/2 c butter for brownie cups. Add to sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder until combined. Stir into wet ingredients.
- Scoop 2 tsp size amounts into a greased mini muffin pan - fill about half full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool and use back of a wooden spoon to push down brownie center for gold. Pour in gold sprinkles.
- Beat together butter and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Add additional sugar 1 cup at a time. Add cream (or milk) and food coloring. Beat for 2-3 minutes. If using store bought icing, just add green food.
- Use a piping bag with a fluted tip and dollop frosting to each brownie to hide the gold surprise!
Recipe adapted from www.pizzazzerie.com.