Stuffed Peanut Butter Fancy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips, plus a few extra for topping
- 12 Marie's Peanut Butter Fancies, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, baking mats or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add the egg and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Stir together until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Plan to bake six to eight cookies on baking sheet at a time. Scoop out a heaping tablespoonful of dough and place on cookie sheet. Use a sugared fork to make a crisscross on the dough (to smash it down a bit). Top with one half of Marie's Peanut Butter Fancies. Then top with another heaping tablespoonful of dough (so that the Peanut Butter Fancy is sandwiched between two scoopfuls of dough). Use a sugared fork to crisscross the top. Stud a few extra chocolate chips on top, if desired. Repeat with remaining cookie dough and Peanut Butter Fancy halves.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned and almost set. Yields 24 cookies.
Recipe & Photo adapted from recipegirl.com